Wednesday 13 July 2011

Bobber fishing from a jet boat.


Aaron and I floated the Bow River last weekend.


Though 'float' is a loosely defined term when there is a jet outboard involved. Having the option to fish runs a second and third time is pretty nice, especially when you spend half your time untangling your rig.


We were running a 9' leader with 3 flies, 3 split shot, and a strike indicator right at the top of the leader. This seemed to work.



This also seemed to hurt when the terminal fly is embedded in one's ear on an aggressive double-haul.

Our guide was part of the experience. He consistently had us in fish. Fish that were acrobatic when hooked, and were dredged out of the most unlikely of places.



I would do this again.




5 comments:

  1. some memories from our guide

    i) sunscreen gives you cancer
    ii) chain smoking
    iii) whistling the same tune for 9 hours straight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget when he ran down that goose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dre and I went fishing yesterday, in the Castle. I didn't catch anything except a sunburn. At least I know I won't get cancer like Dre for using sunscreen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the hook in the ear was my patented move...

    Rivers are pretty blown out again after more heavy rain. October is looking pretty good around these parts...

    ReplyDelete