Sunday 11 September 2011

I didn't always like rainbows...

But they're growing on me. The Thompson River strain is considered to be one of the better looking, and they fight like hell. Very acrobatic.

To acquaint myself, a few weeks back I headed up to Wells Gray, on the Clearwater River.





Harrassed the locals...



Then checked out some of the upstream migration barriers.



The Thompson River has some beautiful scenery, and is only a 45 minute drive to some nice water.



With hungry fish. I like how their eyes are spotted (that's one way you can tell if you're looking at a trout vs. salmon juvenile, though not all trout have the spots).





There were salmon porpoising periodically out in the current while I was getting these guys to take big dries next to the bank.

While still feeling like a summer heat wave, it is inconveniently getting dark earlier and earlier.



1 comment: