Sunday 2 September 2012

Product review(s)

When it rains, it pours on SS&S. I have been meaning to do this post for a while, so thanks to OB, DR and MW for the inspiration.

1) Tippet


You can never have enough tippet. I primarily use Rio, but I opted to try out S.A. tippet as it was half the price. I hit up the LivingStone and Upper Oldman rivers one last time. I used the 5X and was really anal about my clinch knots. In one day, I snapped off 5 foam hoppers on fish - some of which were quite small. Maybe I got a bad batch, but this tippet was an epic fail.

2) Gun safe



















I don't have much to say about this other than it makes me feel bad ass. 

3) Skinny jeans and an IPhone

Thanks to Joe and Jesse for advice on which pants to buy.

In the second step of my European transformation, I have purchased a pair of skinny jeans and an unlocked IPhone. Keep in mind, this is all in the name of science. In contrast to item 2, this makes me feel the opposite of bad ass. 

My next post will be from Sweden. Hejda.

6 comments:

  1. What was the impetus behind the gun safe? I've looked at them, but always figured I'd rather have another gun for the cost of one. I guess if I lived in Edmonton, they'd seem a better investment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, while you're being Scandinavian, it looks as though you might have some recourse to your redneck Alberta past:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/kristofferclausen?feature=g-all-u

      Delete
  3. O - I am moving to Sweden and storing the guns in Ontario with the folks. With young nieces around, this made everyone feel more at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the tippet end of things, I've been using Rio Fluoroflex for a couple of years now. It costs roughly half a million dollars, but I fish a few ridiculously clear stillwaters, as well as various streams, and I like how it performs, both in terms of (in)visibility and knot strength. Up to 6lb rainbows on 4x; kinda cool to get into the backing on a stillwater fish, from shore...

    ReplyDelete