Thursday 20 December 2018

Late night deer run.

Hunting public land in southern Ontario is interesting. Lots of people, few (shitty) spots BUT I found a little hidden gem 10 minutes from where Kim and I live.  This season was by far the most daunting I have had; 12+ sits, 40+ hours, and not one sighting. Plenty on the camera, just not when I'm there.
Date should be 12-17; my camera is f**ked
I was tired of sitting and about to call it a year. I sat one day at Brent Patterson's house this week, but decided to give my stand another shot yesterday. At 16:30 I had returned to my dark place and had a lengthy internal debate about shooting a lone grouse. At 16:35 I spotted what turned out to be the fork-horn above, walking ever so slowly towards me. At 16:45 with twenty minutes to spare I shot, not sure exactly what sex or age it was.  I spotted blood immediately as these new broadheads I bought do alot of damage:

He bedded close (and I wasn't patient enough...), but he didn't go far.
Photo from today; easy tracking.





















Givent he proximity and darkness,  I called up a crew to help locate and drag it out. Recognize anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment