Sunday 13 March 2011

Product Placement: MEC bibs

I don't think I'm much of a gearhead (unless it catches fish...), and clothing in particular isn't something I spend too much time thinking about. This year, though, I decided I could probably benefit from a pair of water/windproof bib pants, for icefishing and other wading-around-in-the-snow activities. I ordered a pair, MEC's Synergy 2 bibs, and now I wonder why I ever bothered doing stuff in the snow without them. They're really very good, they keep snow out of your boots, cuffs and waist, they block wind, they're waterproof (which means I can kneel down in slush/overflow while icefishing with impunity), they're comfortable, they're warm, and they're easy to piss out of. I bought some other winter gear (down jacket, hard shell), and they're nice, but the bibs are great.




A bit lame, I know, but our content addition rate has begun to sag. Maybe I'll kill something this weekend and take some photos of it.

2 comments:

  1. Approx. cost? I have been wearing my snow-pants and inevitably overheat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442629015&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302888492

    $260, which I found a bit steep until I liked them so much. They're just a shell (and breathable, at that), so I layer up appropriately underneath them, usually wool longjohns and fleece pants, and tend to stay a nice, non-sweaty temperature.

    ReplyDelete